Qualifications for Senior Patrol Leader:
1. Registered Scout with rank of Star or above.
2. Active in this troop for at least 6 months.
3. At least thirteen years of age.
4. Willing to serve for a six month term.
5. Willing to be trained and work with the other troop leaders.
6. Has not served more than six months as Senior Patrol Leader in this troop.
Qualifications for Patrol Leader:
- Registered Scout with rank of First Class or above.
- Experience in a troop or patrol office.
- Active in this troop for at least three months.
- At least 12 years of age.
- Willing to serve for a six month term.
- Willing to be trained and work with the other troop leaders.
- Has not served as Patrol Leader for more than one year in this troop during the past two years.
Procedures for Election:
Senior Patrol Leader: Nominations in writing will be made and seconded by an active, registered member of the troop for senior patrol leader. Votes will be cast by secret ballot at the beginning of the next meeting to elect the senior patrol leader from those nominated
Troop Guide: The troop guide(s) will be selected by the Assistant Scoutmaster.
Patrol Leader: After the election of an SPL and subsequent appointments of ASPL and Troop Guides, each patrol will then elect a Patrol Leader by secret ballot.
Others: The senior patrol leader will appoint the scribe(s), quartermaster(s), librarian, and historian at the next meeting; with the approval of the Scoutmaster. The patrol leader will appoint his patrol members to their positions at the next troop meeting, with the approval of the senior patrol leader.